In connection with the SecAtScale community, each community member may provide or gain access to certain confidential and proprietary information. A party disclosing its Confidential Information to the other party is hereafter referred to as a “Disclosing Party.” A party receiving the Confidential Information of a Disclosing Party is hereafter referred to as a “Receiving Party.” In consideration of the mutual promises and covenants set forth in this Agreement, the parties hereby mutually agree as follows:
1. Confidential Information. Confidential information is:
All information shared by Disclosing Party. “Confidential Information” shall mean (i) all information relating to Disclosing Party’s products, business and operations including, but not limited to, financial documents and plans, customers, suppliers, manufacturing partners, marketing strategies, vendors, products, product development plans, technical product data, product samples, costs, sources, strategies, operations procedures, proprietary concepts, inventions, sales leads, sales data, customer lists, customer profiles, technical advice or knowledge, contractual agreements, price lists, supplier lists, sales estimates, product specifications, trade assets, secrets, distribution methods, inventories, marketing strategies, source code, software, algorithms, data, drawings or schematics, blueprints, computer programs and systems and know-how or other intellectual property of Disclosing Party and its affiliates that may be at any time furnished, communicated or delivered by Disclosing Party to Receiving Party, whether in oral, tangible, electronic or other form; (ii) the terms of any agreement, including this Agreement, and the discussions, negotiations and proposals related to any agreement; (iii) information acquired during any tours of Disclosing Party’s facilities; and (iv) all other non-public information provided by Disclosing Party whosoever. All Confidential Information shall remain the property of Disclosing Party.
2. Exclusions from Confidential Information. The obligation of confidentiality with respect to Confidential Information will not apply to any information:
a. If the information is or becomes publicly known and available other than as a result of prior unauthorized disclosure by Receiving Party or any of its Representatives;
b. If the information is or was received by Receiving Party from a third party source which, to the best knowledge of Receiving Party or its Representatives, is or was not under a confidentiality obligation to Disclosing Party with regard to such information;
c. If the information is disclosed by Receiving Party with the Disclosing Party’s prior written permission and approval;
d. If the information is independently developed by Receiving Party prior to disclosure by Disclosing Party and without the use and benefit of any of the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information; or
e. If Receiving Party or any of its Representatives is legally compelled by applicable law, by any court, governmental agency or regulatory authority or by subpoena or discovery request in pending litigation but only if, to the extent lawful, Receiving Party or its Representatives give prompt written notice of that fact to Disclosing Party prior to disclosure so that Disclosing Party may request a protective order or other remedy to prevent or limit such disclosure and in the absence of such protective order or other remedy, Receiving Party or its Representatives may disclose only such portion of the Confidential Information which it is legally obligated to disclose.
3. Obligation to Maintain Confidentiality. With respect to Confidential Information:
a. Receiving Party and its Representatives agree to retain the Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party in strict confidence, to protect the security, integrity and confidentiality of such information and to not permit unauthorized access to or unauthorized use, disclosure, publication or dissemination of Confidential Information except in conformity with this Agreement;
b. Receiving Party and its Representatives shall adopt and/or maintain security processes and procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of all Confidential Information received by Disclosing Party using a reasonable degree of care, but not less than that degree of care used in safeguarding its own similar information or material;
c. Upon the termination of this Agreement, Receiving Party will ensure that all documents, memoranda, notes and other writings or electronic records prepared by it that include or reflect any Confidential Information are returned or destroyed as directed by Disclosing Party;
d. If there is an unauthorized disclosure or loss of any of the Confidential Information by Receiving Party or any of its Representatives, Receiving Party will promptly, at its own expense, notify Disclosing Party in writing and take all actions as may be necessary or reasonably requested by Disclosing Party to minimize any damage to the Disclosing Party or a third party as a result of the disclosure or loss; and
e. The obligation not to disclose Confidential Information shall survive the termination of this Agreement, and at no time will Receiving Party or any of its Representatives be permitted to disclose Confidential Information, except to the extent that such Confidential Information is excluded from the obligations of confidentiality under this Agreement pursuant to Paragraph 2 above.
4. Non-Disclosure of SecAtScale community information. Without Disclosing Party’s prior written consent, neither Receiving Party nor its Representatives shall disclose to any other person, except to the extent, the provisions of Paragraph 2 apply: (a) the fact that Confidential Information has been made available to it or that it has inspected any portion of the Confidential Information; (b) the fact that Disclosing Party and Receiving Party are having discussions or negotiation concerning the SecAtScale community; or (c) any of the terms, conditions or other facts with respect to the SecAtScale community.
5. Representatives. Receiving Party will take reasonable steps to ensure that its Representatives adhere to the terms of this Agreement. Receiving Party will be responsible for any breach of this Agreement by any of its Representatives.
6. Disclaimer. There is no representation or warranty, express or implied, made by Disclosing Party as to the accuracy or completeness of any of its Confidential Information. Except for the matters set forth in this Agreement, neither party will be under any obligation with regard to the SecAtScale community. Either party may, in its sole discretion: (a) reject any proposals made by the other party or its Representatives with respect to the SecAtScale community; (b) terminate discussions and negotiations with the other party or its Representatives at any time and for any reason or for no reason; and (c) change the procedures relating to the consideration of the SecAtScale community at any time without prior notice to the other party.
7. Remedies. Each party agrees that use or disclosure of any Confidential Information in a manner inconsistent with this Agreement will give rise to irreparable injury for which: (a) money damages may not be a sufficient remedy for any breach of this Agreement by such party; (b) the other party may be entitled to specific performance and injunction and other equitable relief with respect to any such breach; (c) such remedies will not be the exclusive remedies for any such breach, but will be in addition to all other remedies available at law or in equity; and (d) in the event of litigation relating to this Agreement, if a court of competent jurisdiction determines in a final non-appealable order that Receiving Party, or any of its Representatives, has breached this Agreement, Receiving Party will be liable for reasonable legal fees and expenses incurred by Disclosing Party in connection with such litigation, including, but not limited to, any appeals.
8. Termination. This Agreement will terminate on the earlier of:
(a) the written agreement of the parties to terminate this Agreement;
(b) the consummation of the SecAtScale community; or
(c) 100 years from the date hereof.
9. Amendment. This Agreement may be amended or modified only by a written agreement signed by both of the parties.
10. Jurisdiction. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of France without regard to the principles of conflict of laws. Each party consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in France for any legal action, suit or proceeding arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. Each party further waives any objection to the laying of venue for any such suit, action or proceeding in such courts.